WHat is this plug/input?

robbyrobmusik

I have been looking at some alternative monitors to use and I am looking at alot of them that i dont understand what type of input plug are these?

edit:
the top one (Input 2) is a RCA plug right?

Attachments

• speaker.jpg
    speaker.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 37
I'm no expert on this I just recognised the plug type ;)

But, I think RCA and XLR take different signal levels so you may find your input is too quiet/loud if you use the wrong input for your microphone.

Also RCA uses 2 wires whereas XLR uses 3 (balanced)
...Don't quote me on this though :rolleyes:

well, first off...don't plug a microphone into the speaker. I'm not sure why Shambler brought that up.

secondly, the manufacturer just gave you multiple options to choose from for connecting to that speaker. the top is for unbalanced RCA connections and the bottom one is for balanced XLR or TRS connectors. Depending on what you are plugging into it determines which connection you use. But try and use the balanced connections if you can.

OH SO when they say XLR/Phono/TRS connector that means you can connect any of the 3. And balanced means that it ruduces the noise. basically i am going to be connecting my monitors to the mixer. So whith this type i could just connect it via TRS right?

robbyrobmusik said:
OH SO when they say XLR/Phono/TRS connector that means you can connect any of the 3. And balanced means that it ruduces the noise. basically i am going to be connecting my monitors to the mixer. So whith this type i could just connect it via TRS right?
If your mixer outputs use TRS, you can use TRS cables and you will have a balanced signal. If your mixer outputs use TS, you may as well use TS cables because you will have an unbalanced signal regardless of cable. It probably won't be a problem unless you have a long cable run.

Back