What is this group buy?

punkrocker

Hey all. So what is this group buy thread about? There's like a million pages and I can't seem to find out what everybody buying. Is it still possible to get in on it? Where? Thanks!

Hey all. So what is this group buy thread about? There's like a million pages and I can't seem to find out what everybody buying. Is it still possible to get in on it? Where? Thanks!

We're in the delivery phase of the third buy in that thread. The first 2 were mics, this one is mics and preamps. Since we're in the delivery phase--it's too late to get in on it. We ordered and paid months ago...

Sorry.

But stay tuned to that obnoxiously long thread. If there's another one from Chance (the guys who's done them all) that's where you'll hear about it.

You missed it by that much!
don_adams.jpg

Ok thanks guys. Are there any other places to participate in group buys for gear or are they something that just come up every once in a while? Thanks for helping out a noob.

Soon (after everything has shipped), we'll be having another. we're trying to figure shipping in with the initial payment and direct shipping from the manufacturer to other countries. This will save double duty and double shipping. Right now, it's one thing at a time.

It's a sporadic thing - approximatley annual in frequency. The buys through Chance have been the main ones that I've been aware of in the past couple years. I know of a few others, but they have been one offs and small compared to this one. Generally, they are such a PITA to do that they aren't often repeated. There are threads for the same GB on the GS and PSW boards.

And they get bigger and bigger every round.

I think this one is like 10 times bigger than last year(if not more).

Back