What is "The Paul" guitar worth?

Supercrank

I have a Gibson "the paul" and I'm trying to find out what this thing is worth.

It has belt scratches and the neck(where it meets the body) is slightly detached.

anyone know where I can appraise this hunk of wood?

Check EBay.

There were a lot of different versions of "The Paul" over the years. I was surprised at the variations.

None of them seem to be worth much now, unfortunately. I looked recently when I was curious about this Les Paul variant.

It depends on exactly what you have.

I think Bongo may be right in that it's a regular run-of-the-mill late-70's early 80's Paul and it's value is what it's worth as a player's instrument. A lot of that value will be determined by any damage, how bad it's damaged, and how it plays and sounds.

But . . .

If you have 'The Les Paul' that's a different story. They madethis guitar for four years. It has (among other things) rosewood pickup covers and rosewood knobs so you'll know right away if yours is it.
If so, I'm happy to tell you it's worth more than $10,000 if it's in decent shape.

:)

If you need to know more, I can give you more. Post it here and I'll give you the lowdown on your guitar.

foo

Mother's Music in Edmonton, Alberta has one with the wood knobs and such. It is a beautiful guitar....it's in mint condition.

Small world id say... i just bought my audio buddy from there not long ago...of all the worlds music stores!

Do you live in Edmonton?

I've bought alot of goods from there. I've also dealth alot with L&M in Edmonton as well. The only thing I don't like about Mother's is the fact that they treat me like I don't know anything about anything....and then I talk back and tell them how it 'really is'.

When I bought my Triple Rectifier half stack, buddy's like, "why do you want the custom 90 speakers? They don't sound any different, they can just hanlde more power?" Then I told him. :)

Back