What is the name of this effect?

athrun200

This effect is so common, yet I don't know the name and how to make it.
I want to use it in my sound, any help would be appreciated.

A longer clip would help a lot.

*Sounds like* windchimes and someone taking a breath (hard inhale through the mouth and nose).

THAT SAID -- I *assume* you're referring to reverse reverb (which also gives away how it's achieved).

*THAT* said, I have no idea if it's actually reverse reverb, as I can't tell the signal that may have made it (back to the whole "longer clip" thing).

Oh, sorry for my unclear description.
I am referring to the sound right before the reverse reverb.
Since this sound only last for few seconds, that's why I cut out those unrelated.

After checking out windchimes, I know this is the sound that I want.

I wonder if people just buy one windchimes and play with it when they are recording or do they use a VST?
If VST is used, are there any recommendation for decent VST ?

Last edited:
Oh, sorry for my unclear description.
I am referring to the sound right before the reverse reverb.
Since this sound only last for few seconds, that's why I cut out those unrelated.

After checking out windchimes, I know this is the sound that I want.

I wonder if people just buy one windchimes and play with it when they are recording or do they use a VST?
If VST is used, are there any recommendation for decent VST ?

Probably no need to buy chimes for the effect. A well sampled chime used through a VST would suffice. I think one or more of the free VSTs with Sonar have sampled chimes. Then you just roll your finger across the keys at the pitch and rate you want. Maybe there's some other free VSTs online that have them as well. Not a terribly popular instrument/sound.

Additionally you might be able to find a loop, depending on how fine you want/need to be.

Last edited:
Back