What is the best soundcard to use with a Tascam DM-24 ?

jumpingflash

Hi !

I am going to go digital for a variety of reasons and was narrowing down my choices of audiocards to use with the DM-24 that has 3 TDIF and one ADAT in/out (expandable, but i don't wish to take more than one expansion, that is another 8 channel ADAT in/out).

My first choice owuld have been a MOTU 2408 Mk2 or Mk3 ( i can find nice used Mk2's for a nice price and it would be fine by me), or a RME card with ADAT in/out...

But what other cards have 2 or 3 ADAT in/out or TDIF ?

Any help is much appreciated!

No soundcard -

Check out tascam website, under Digital Mixers. you'll find a new thing for the DM-24, IF-FW/DM. Meaning: Firewire in/out to computer. They claim to have drivers for most common host applications as well. If it works (and it better...) It will be the best possible integration of them all - It actually turns the DM-24 into a soundcard breakoutbox...

I'm gonna post a thread on this subject to see if anyone experienced anything yet with this gear.

At the moment i'm using both the 2408 (and you can just as well use mk1, doesn't make a difference with the digital section) and RME Digiface .Both works fine for me - but I would dream of getting this firwire card..

Back