What is the best mic for my voice?

Alkaline1

Hi, this is my first post here and I was curious on which mic will suite me best, because I plan on upgrading soon. To hear a clip of my voice, please check my profile, it will lead to my myspace music page. The song "City of Ashes" was recorded with my current mic which is a MXL 990, and I am not too fond of that mic. Or you can hear the song "Battleground", I am on the first verse, that was recorded with a Shure KSM44 which I am considering buying in the future since the result produced a sound I liked...But I may just settle for the KSM27 since its cheaper. I would like anyones opinion on what mic they think will compliment my style and voice. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Alkaline

hi sorry i can't really help you but maybe you can help me:D
i was planning on purchasing the mxl 990 what exactly do you not like about it?
have you recorded anything other than vocals with it?

Well, its not that I don't like the mic. It makes my voice sound different, I can't explain it since I'm no pro...but I just know its not the sound I'm looking for. But I have recorded another voice singing and a acoustic guitar, and that came out just fine. I just dont think its made for my voice.

The 990 is somewhat brittle and overhyped in the highs. It is also a MDC, not an LDC. As such, it is somewhat more precise than you might like for vocals. Most of the time, an actual LDC is more appropriate for vocal work....

Back