What is the best Acoustic/Elec for $800-$1000 us street price?

Look at a Taylor 310E (dreadnaught) or better yet, try to find a 312 (grand auditorium)or 315 (jumbo), and just have a fishman piezo installed in it. Those should all be able to be found for just under $1000.

H2H

Check out the Larivee D-03 it is solid wood and you can get pickups for around $800. It is much brighter sounding than Martins and higher quality for the dollar.

They are hand made in BC and exellent quality and tone.

I've had one for a year and everyone who hears it loves it. And these are guys who swear by Martins.

I prefer Larrivees, but every guitar mentioned so far is going to be fine. It's going to boil down to what she likes. You might also look at the Godin Multiacs.

If you can afford a Larrivee, Taylor, Martin, Tacoma or anything in the $800-1000 range....don't buy a Seagull. Their best guitars are in the $350 range.

FZmontanaDF said:
If you can afford a Larrivee, Taylor, Martin, Tacoma or anything in the $800-1000 range....don't buy a Seagull. Their best guitars are in the $350 range.

True, very true.

For that price, my money's on Takamine - their Santa Fe models can be had for right around $1,000 - and I've not heard a sweeter tone from an acoustic/electric than a Santa Fe...

Thank you very much to those who have replied. Several very good suggestions.

The Taylor and Takamine were already on my list to check out.

Most of the other suggestions deserve a look as well.

I am surprised though that more people haven't voiced an opinion.... Anyone else out there care to voice their thoughts on this matter?

The gibson jumbo series look as though could be a defiite possiblity. Their website has a few clips of their upper end guitars, no telling on how they recorded them in terms of gear and mic/position, however, i think they deserve a chance up there with the taylors.

Whatever it comes down to, i think they look nice.

Brandon

hmmmm you did say acoustic electric well i,ll sugest something a lil different a semi acoustic for the dollars you mentioned go see a shop called pick of the ricks i got a beautifull jet glo 1997 rickenbacker with 3x toaster top pickups etc for well under 1000
same as this guitar only mine is jetglo in otherwords its black

http://www.rickenbacker.com/us/1997spc.htm

Back