What is rep power?

soundconsort

Hey guys, I noticed some users on this forum have hundreds of posts and no rep power, while others have millions of rep power points.

My question is what is rep power? And how can I become as powerful as you? :D

Hey guys, I noticed some users on this forum have hundreds of posts and no rep power, while others have millions of rep power points.

Is this your first bulletin board?

The question gets asked regularly... have a search.:thumbs up:

The secret to become gods like me and Armistice must remain a secret, lest Mount Olympus get too crowded.

Rep points won't show up until you hit 50 posts. They are worthless, though. More of a popularity statement than anything else. But the rep function is a nice way to send a quick short message to someone or to say thanks for something they posted.

Rep points won't show up until you hit 50 posts. They are worthless, though. More of a popularity statement than anything else. But the rep function is a nice way to send a quick short message to someone or to say thanks for something they posted.

Or in the case of 'neg-rep' also a way to state to those who state bad advice, that that it is not nice or allowed to say things that are not true. Just sayin...

Okay, bag o'shite - Paul Calf style?

What are the gren things if we're gona get technical about this?

(And yes, I am new to all this online malarkey)

Okay, bag o'shite - Paul Calf style?

What are the gren things if we're gona get technical about this?

(And yes, I am new to all this online malarkey)

"Chiclets".... is the usual answer.... a visual representation of your goodliness or otherwise... it's rare, except for the most newbie of newbies, for someone to be other than all green or all red.

So when you get to 50 posts, your rep power status will be revealed... positive, obviously, at this stage, judging by the chiclets....

And while I'm writing a dissertation on rep, giving someone rep is also known as "Sending you some green", "negging" is doing negative rep, and, most imporantly, as noobs rarely have any rep points but want to do nice things like acknowledge people who've helped them and so do a positive rep to them, it shows in the control panel as grey, not green or red... and so is known variously as "noobie love" or "grey love"...

Jeez, I must be bored.

Kirk out.

Back