What is my mix missing???

i like the song, but your right...seems like its missing something...maybe go over the bass line again. it sounds very "trebble-y" although it could be the speakers on my computer. also maybe make the beat of the song more defined...theres just so much going on in the song at one time.
but the lyrics are catchy, and so is the music. its a good song i think.

If it were me, I'd find a subtle room verb for the drum kit, and I'd try a very short stereo delay on the vocal (panned out a bit maybe). Their both just so painfully dry.

Nice tune. The only thing I hear missing is balance and a little dynamics. The second guitar starting at :05 is buried by the bass and drums. The bass is too boomy and needs to be lowered just a bit through the vocal sections as does the verb on the vocals. Overall it has a nice punk sound. You hit that nail on the head.

imho the mix sounds too mid and harsh. since the guitars take up a lot of space and you use a modeller (? or at least some kind of digital distortion) you should work on the guitar sound, give it some bottom and filter away some of those ugly harsh mids.
for the rest : do what morningstar says and ... nice one !

I don't normally like this kind of music but I liked this song a lot.

The recording sounds muddy to me though, and the vocals sound real dry as someone else already said.

I'm not an expert, just thought I'd comment on the song since I really liked it. Good job. :cool:

danny.guitar said:
I don't normally like this kind of music but I liked this song a lot.

The recording sounds muddy to me though, and the vocals sound real dry as someone else already said.

I'm not an expert, just thought I'd comment on the song since I really liked it. Good job. :cool:

I agree the mix sounds a bit muddy. The snare is not that clear. Turn the bass drum and bass guitar down a little. Tht should bring the vocals and overheads out more. If you really wanted to add something to give it a bit more shine and definition you can add a B3 Organ part and mix it under the guitars.

Great song though.

the bass drum/bass really muddy... actually the whole bottom end is really muddy.
Vocals have a reverb/ or a delay. .. i hear something odd.
Not very punchy. Try some high pass filters

myspace ruins the quality of recordings.. so its kinda hard to tell much more.

but u play pretty well together.. so good job on that.
and i love this kinda music, so props on that.

The snare is buried in the mix. Try putting some compression on the snare..... Also, the overheads have too much high end and there is no definition to them.....

Back