What is everyone getting after X-mas?

Thank You. I'm pretty excited about it; even though it will take me quite a while. It's my only hope of ever affording a analog 2" 24-track. I've been patient though; who woulda thunk? Although sometimes, it seems like yesterday I was in "Ahhh" over my expensive $350US 4-track which I went in half n'half with my brother; just a spec on the huge, empty table. "Man, I'll never need more than four." "If only I had eight! I don't know why anyone would ever need twenty-four." "Sixteen would be the max I'll ever need." "If only I had eight more for all that cool album stuff." What's next?

Yeah, I'll sell the TSR-8, but not until I get the 24-track up and running; I don't want to be down in the transition time. Especially when I know how long it will most likely take. I have an ADAT-XT too, so I still want to be 14-track equipped (-2 because of SMPTE on TSR-8) until I get the 24-track up and running.

Hey Mr. Recording Engineer, about your new project; I went to the davis sound website, and i saw that they are based or were originated in Newberry, SC. I live in SC(South carolina) and I was wondering if you were from South Carolina?
-thomas

No, I'm on the other-side. Sacramento/Orangevale, CA area. I checked-out there web-site when a member of the rec.audio.pro newsgroup mentioned DaviSound as a repitable compressor manufactuer. I e-mailed the company regarding "Just Fun Curiosity" of how much they thought the "Kit" was gonna sell for. My mouth dropped after Hayne Davis (the owner) told me he isn't really trying to make any money off it; just trying to get back some of what he put into it and simply trying to find a good home; someone who'd really appriciate it.

Of course, my wish list now is the TB-1 stereo tube pre, the TB-3 stereo tube compressor, and a matched-pair of those highly intriguing DS-1950s. It probably won't for another year though.

By the way, I've really never been out of California (I've been to Mexico though). I hear that a lot of parts in the US (particularly, the southern east) is really quite a few years back, socially, (as compared to the West-Coast) then I'd ever really know. How much is that to be true? What's your opinion or observations?

Recording Engineer,
I grew up in S. Calif., but I now live in Alabama. I enjoy the slower pace of life here. Where I live is not as backwards as some think.

Man, I grew up in Ventura, CA and moved to Orangevale/Sacramento, CA durring my mid-teens. At that age, talk about culture shock. And it's only 400 miles apart.

As far as southern parts of the US, I think the difference lessens the closer you get to a big city. What do you think?

The south-east is the most backwards-assed countryfucked-up area in the U.S. Start at Dallas, TX. on a map and follow I-20 to Columbia S.C. THat forms a line south of which is NO MANS LAND... The people from Deliverance wouldn't even mess around down here.
That's pretty bad considering I'm from Arkansas. South Florida starts to improve once you get out of the panhandle, but forget the rest of it. New Orleans is a fluke.

Hello All Commentators:

I am planning to buy a Korg SP 100 to add to my studio.

I have a pretty good price via Zzounds.

Has anyone out there played the Korg SP 100? Is the Korg Piano patch as good as they tout?

Thanks in advance.

Have to leave....Kato just fell into the pool while practicing Karate.

Green Hornet

I got a sweater.

Actually, I got a DVD player, too. My wife apologized for not being able to buy me a new digital recording system, but hey, I haven't won the lottery for her yet. Anybody wanting to make my Christmas wishes come true can e-mail me at jbmarquard@hotmail.com
I know its a long shot, but its always worth a try. For all I know, Santa might read this BBS. LOL

Peace,

Jim

Back