what if I... testing a sony tc-200

HomeGos

Going vintage here

Scene 1 Local Pawnshop r2r suitcase shape, with 2 monitors to listen

what if I test an old r2r sony- tc- 200 with some tascam 388 tapes I have, I only have 8 track masters in reels. 8 track masters into a stereo deck, what will happen?

the other option is a grand master 456 reel with, I think nothing on it

Ive turned it on and everything worked, rewind, play , forward. lights up

its a nice machine, will I be able to find belts,... rollers.,..if I need them?

they are asking 30 euros, thats like 45 dollars I think

Belts are liable to be a problem, you can get the rollers rebuilt by Terry's Rubber Rollers, though. Be aware that this machine is probably around 45 years old and seems to be a run-of-the-mill domestic deck.

I have once played an 8-track master on a stereo deck, basically you get a bunch of tracks on one ear and and bunch of other tracks on the other ear. It's unlikely to sound pretty if you recorded timecode on track 8, and I imagine you probably used DBX as well so it's liable to sound a bit weird anyway.

It should give you some idea of whether the machine is working but I wouldn't try it on any tape you consider valuable.

thanks man

I tested it but couldnt hear anything .... althought the machine was working properly, lights up... etc

I couldnt hear a sound , I forgot about it

still in search of a nice 2 track,,.. something from the 80s would be cool

I believe those old Sony decks have a bunch of rubber idler wheels so that's a concern too. I wouldn't put my money in one.

Back