What Heads and how's pricing?

BlindCowboy

Hey...

OK. I stopped by GC for the new equipment on the junk drums. My music focus' around country. If that matter's in the question.

Set is I believe Slingerland. 22 bass, 16 floor tom, (2) 12 toms.

Guy suggesed Remo pinstripes and a powerstroke3 for the bass drum. Are pinstripes 2 ply?

I'm looking at about $100 for 2 12 heads, 2 1ply bottoms, 1 22 head, 1 16 head and 1 1 ply bottom. Does that sound right?

pinstripes are kinda standard when you aren't too sure what to get. they are a two ply head. you should get clear ambassadors for the bottoms...which is almost 100% agreed upon. they're a 1 ply head, which is usually the only kind of head you'd want to use on bottom. for snares, it's very dependant on what you want. i used a powerstroke 3 for a long time to tame down any overtones i get and keep a tight snare sound. the p3 is a one ply head. for kick, the p3 is great and the remo standard nowadays. clear will give you a lot of attack, and the coated will add a lot more tone. i'd suggest going to remo's site and looking at all the heads they have...there are some great designs (i for example use powerstroke 4's on everything now). good luck.

What type of country drum sound are you looking for? I'm using coated emperors on my toms and they have a real nice mellow deep tone to them. I'm think you might need coated tom heads because some guys use hot rods and brishes.

clear ambassadors for sure on bottoms.

As for snare you could go with a coated ambassador, CS dot......their are alot to choose!!

Back