what frequencies are treble??

Ruffcut

long story short, i mixed and mastered one of my songs and when i play it in the car it sounds too bright? like too "SSSSS" lol if ya know what I mean. anyways i put the treble down -2 and it sounds perfect so i have 2 questions.

what frequencies in the equalizer do i need to lower so it sounds like that by default (without having to adjust the car treble) and more or less how much should i push the equalizer bar down so it equal -2 treble? whats the equal of -2 car treble in the equalizer?

i would tremendousl appreciate it fellas

The "SSSSSSSSSSS" you hear is probably from about 5-6k Hz on up to about 16k Hz (not sure where the the Treble center-point is on you car stereo) though it extends down/up a litle more...but that should get you there.
However, I wouldn't just set my mixing/mastering with any default EQ cut based on your car stereo. :rolleyes:

What were you monitoring on when you mixed and mastered?

main_chart.jpg

To me, treble is 262 hertz and up. Basically, middle C is the bottom of the treble clef.

My piano playing upbringing has taught me well ;)

long story short, i mixed and mastered one of my songs and when i play it in the car it sounds too bright? like too "SSSSS" lol if ya know what I mean. anyways i put the treble down -2 and it sounds perfect so i have 2 questions.

what frequencies in the equalizer do i need to lower so it sounds like that by default (without having to adjust the car treble) and more or less how much should i push the equalizer bar down so it equal -2 treble? whats the equal of -2 car treble in the equalizer?

i would tremendousl appreciate it fellas

Want to have awesome recordings? Then try my "10 steps to professional mixes program" This program is so good that it is GUARANTEED to work!!!!

Step one: make sure you have quality recordings recorded with quality gear
Step two: make sure you have a good monitoring setup along with good room treatment
Step three: mix it
Step four: listen to it in car - make notes
Step five: listen to it on headphones - make notes
Step six: listen to it on everything else you can - make notes
Step seven: have someone else listen to it - make notes
Step eight: Does it sound exactly the way you want it to? If yes go to step ten, if not go to step nine.
Step nine: Go to step one
Step ten: Hire someone else to master it. Don't master your own mix.

FAQ:
"what frequencies in the equalizer do i need to lower so it sounds like that by default (without having to adjust the car treble) and more or less how much should i push the equalizer bar down so it equal -2 treble?"
You'll never know until you try my program.

whats the equal of -2 car treble in the equalizer?
............. no comment.

You may be able to look up the specs for the car stereo you are listening on and find out what general frequency is being boosted with the treble knob on the unit. That my help until you learn what the frequencies sound like. IME an 9-11K curve seems typical.

That's as maybe but zillions of people born before the 80s understand what's meant by treble and bass when it comes to audio.

Back