What exactly does B-Stock mean?

MikeDMusic

I found a pair of KRK V6's on Ebay...they had a buy it now at $499. They don't look like the regular V6 series 2 monitors though they say they are b-stock. The woofer isn't yellow like the regular ones, they are black, that's the only difference I can see in them. I'm still confused though. Are all the components the same just without some cosmetic fibrications? Or is this a different monitor...like an older version of the monitor. If anybody has any insight I would really appreciate it. Thanks a lot.

I believe it's when an item that was sold is sent back to the manufactuer for whatever reason repaired,& repackaged by them then shipped out again from the manufactuer.

I think B-stock may just be re-stocked returns to the retailer. Repaired items are often identified as "refurb".

It was explained to me that "B-stock" means:

Returned and re-packaged, used for a short time, and sold as "new" with full warranty coverage.

New "B" stock is a product that has a blemish, such as a scratch or some visible defect. Products that have been shipped, opened, sent back, and repackaged must be sold as "Used". I got this from Music123 when I bought a New "B" stock guitar.

Right, "B" stock is a new item that has a blemish. A proper "B" stock item has never been sold. Any item that has been sold, used, and then returned to the store is considered "used", or a "refurb" if goes back to the factory to get fixed.

88fingers said:
It can also mean an item that was on a showroom floor, such as a demo mixer at a music store.
Those would be considered used. If they were blemished from the factory and then used for display/demo then it would be "used B stock".

Back