What equipments or hardwares I need to start recording using my mac?

jay1000

Hello guys! I need help, I want to record a multi-track using my mac.. I want to know what equipments or hardwares do I need to start digital recording. And what is the best software I can buy to start this project?

Thanks in advance..

I can't even begin to tell you how much more information we're going to need before anyone could even hazard a guess.

Source, budget, expectations, experience level, words that indicate plurality that don't end in "s" (such as "deer" and "equipment" and "hardware").

Fill us in a little.

agreeed! but just to give you a general overview of what you will need.
1. recording software ie pro tools, cubase, logic
2. audio interface ie m-audio, presonus
3. microphones
4. monitor speakers

thats just a rough overview so yeah fill us in with some more details so i can give you some more info

cheers

Thank you very much massive master and kendallking for replying to my first thread.

Like for example in my case I'm just a newbie, the only thing that I have right now is an electric drums, guitars, bass guitars, amplis and my laptop. What should I buy next? how can I start recording each every sound in a multi track pattern? What do you call to the equipment that can transfer the sounds from my musical instrument to my computer? or maybe my question is, how can I connect those musical instrument to my laptop?
And another question, Can I record all musical instruments at the same time? if yes, what stuff do I need to do this?

Thanks guys!

What OS is on the mac? You're going to have to go from there backward. You could choose a DAW that will work with Mac's OS, then choose an interface that works with that DAW, the Tascam US1641 works with most DAW's. I know Cubase make a Mac OS DAW. One piece of advice would be get Windows for Mac before you even start to look at other things. My Mac is for online use only, a God send for that, not so much for anything else. Prolly 99% of the software out there is for PC. Start there unless you wanna hit walls at every turn.

What OS is on the mac? You're going to have to go from there backward. You could choose a DAW that will work with Mac's OS, then choose an interface that works with that DAW, the Tascam US1641 works with most DAW's. I know Cubase make a Mac OS DAW. One piece of advice would be get Windows for Mac before you even start to look at other things. My Mac is for online use only, a God send for that, not so much for anything else. Prolly 99% of the software out there is for PC. Start there unless you wanna hit walls at every turn.

thanks buzzard bass!

you need an audio interface which will let you record your instruments into the recording software. Yes is it possible to record all the instruments at once you just need the right amount of inputs. I will give you an example of what you could do.

Purchase a audio interface with 8 inputs:
Input #:
1. Line in your Drum Kit
2. Guitar 1
3. Guitar 2
4. Bass
5. Vocals

and then you still have room to mic up watever else you need.

The connection you will need for this can either be firewire or usb

Hope this helped

you need an audio interface which will let you record your instruments into the recording software. Yes is it possible to record all the instruments at once you just need the right amount of inputs. I will give you an example of what you could do.

Purchase a audio interface with 8 inputs:
Input #:
1. Line in your Drum Kit
2. Guitar 1
3. Guitar 2
4. Bass
5. Vocals

and then you still have room to mic up watever else you need.

The connection you will need for this can either be firewire or usb

Hope this helped

yes.. this would really help me a lot, thanks for your reply, more power to everyone.. thanks again

started out in your position as well. garageband is an excellent starting program for recording. get a multi track interface like kendall king said but MAKE SURE it is compatible with mac

Back