what else is out there

POLease

I want to know what other devices are out for creating and recording drum tracks? I have done a lot of research on the akai mpc2000 it seems to be what I want, but if any of you have any sugg. I would like to here them(anything but computer software)?

Dan,

Yeah, the cost of the mpc is my biggest draw back. I can put the up money, but I am just trying to find info on every drum machine type unit out there. I just wont settle for less so I got to make sure I get the best. haha...you got a sweet ass deal on the sp808.

Well you could take the route that everyone hear is here to learn about. Thats buying a recording device and extras. Theres lots of great drum machines out there you can create with and record on a recorder. Everything in the Roland groove line is a good chooce. Theres also Boss drum machines.

If the mpc2000 is what you want then Ill assume your asking this question becouse its too expensive. If you dont have any hangups about buying used I got a mint SP808 withh everything it came with which retailes for 1250 for 350. Someone probly won one or something. Same cases out ther for the MPCs. I saw one for 750. And then there are the cheaper models.

You could also use a keyboard synth to make the drum sounds. Not my first choice but its done very well by some.

Yeah, that SP808 is really nice. I actually prefer it to the MPC2000XL. It's cool that you get to write straight to the zip disk which can hold like 42 minutes or something insane like that. The pad banks are really easy to navigate and the faders make assembling sequences really easy. The price just dropped on them to and now they are $1000. Go for it.

Back