What does a fret-level and set-up cost?

goldtopchas

For those of you who do this as a profession, and maybe some that have had it done lately. I have an old les paul( I know it's been re-fretted at least once.) And a 80's jap. strat. They both haven't been worked on in years. They're not terrible, but I know they have some fret wear, and could play much nicer if I had it done. I don't play professionally anymore, and have no idea how much this would be. I've called a few places and all they say is "I would have to look at it first." I realize the price might vary depending on the condition, but I can't even get a ballpark figure. Anyone???

Thanks for any insight.

We charge $150 for a dress, which includes set up, plus the cost of strings, and a $5 shop fee.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

£80-£90.

Don't need to see it because anything over and above setup work would advised and costed before starting work.

Thanks Light.. That's about what I figured it would be at a good reputable shop. Now all I have to do is find one. On the off chance that my Paul is already too low to surface the frets properly. How much to re-fret? (I was told it was re-fretted, and possibly fret -leveled at least once.) It no longer has the "nubs" on the edges of the frets. By the way.. it's a 79 Goldtop Deluxe in very war torn condition, but I love it.

Back