What do you think of this song? Alt-Rock

blkdog7

What Pro Tools *****?
We spent tonight adding new vocals and tweaking the mix of our song "The Sharks". We are in the middle of recording our new CD. Is this cool? Are we on the right track?

I'd love to hear what you think!

My ears are old, tired, and often deceive me.

Overall, it sounds darn good except that the lead vocal needs to be more prominent in the mix IMO.

Where in New England are you located?

Interesting sound....like the guys said, the voice needs to be more present. Otherwise pretty good.

Joe

The general mix sounds right on the money to me. I agree the vocals could maybe be a little more present in some spots. Other than that, no nits I can think of.

The general mix sounds right on the money to me. I agree the vocals could maybe be a little more present in some spots. Other than that, no nits I can think of.

Here is a new mix with more backing vocals during the choruses and in general just more effects, etc.

Is this better? What do you think of the drastically different bridge?

RAW:

SUDO MASTERED:

Pseudo Mastered Sharks
This would fit nicely on a mid period Split Enz LP.
Quirky but retaining the elements of good pop.
The vox are a little loud for me and as a result edge toward Ween rather than Weezer.
THe bridge is TOO LONG if it's just going to be the effects & disembodied vocal - toss in a melody to carry it across.
Nice ending!

sounds pretty good to me

i agree - the vocals could be brought up a little more in the mix however ...

nice job !

Thanks for the comments, guys.

Are the vocals too loud or too soft? Which one?

On the bridge I am going to add a guitar solo for the central focus part. Or, at least that's my plan.

Back