What do you think about this A Perfect Circle (3 Libras) Cover?

dreamsound2

I did my first cover for YouTube playing every instrument and recording live while filming. I tried pushing the mix a bit further than my last song. Most of it was improvising, especially towards the end.

Let me know what you guys think about the mix, I'm giving you a link to my website so I can still update the mix as I hear your comments.

There a video and I will upload the MP3 version (player is on your bottom left corner) here:

http://digitalmusicians.net/?p=329

The MP3 and video sound the same (thanks to Vimeo)

Thanks for the comment. Yes, I use my M-Audio Sputnik for everything. I've gone through lots of mics and for the price this mic beats most of them IMHO.

I think the bass might be just a bit too much, but is hard to tell without a subwoofer (I have ADAM A7 monitors though), what do you think? Also, I was thinking turning the vocals down a bit as well.

Pretty good dude. I think most of the parts are right except for that break after the first verse where it's just drums, but I haven't heard this song in years! The ending was very messy though, and your vocals were out of tune, but good job, Maynard is a hard singer to do justice to and you succeeded, to me, for 90% of the song despite English obviously being an alternate language for you.

Back