what do you think about this 2 songs?

both very different but sound good. i especially like "peacefull night". the piano sounds great. thanks for the feedback by the way

nice tunes -- I especially like "just groovin" since that's the style I'm into. Just two things: the break at 0:41' sounds a bit odd. You sould come up with something more catchy. What kind of (virtual) instrument is playing in the background (starting at 0:51')? A real tenor sax would sound perfect for this! (maybe I had to say that coz I am playing tenor sax).

agentpenguin185 - thx for listening; and you're right with the vocals but I just wasn't sure..hehe.. another pair of ears

Redkid53 and W.I.S.C. - thx 4 your time

Giganova - yeah, of course you're missing Mr. Augustiner.. 3years without this kind old man! but well, let me know when you come to Munich - we could make a AugustinerJamSession! That instrument at 0:51 was a trumpet from Waldorf PPG Wave but I used it just to keep the idea catched.

cheers!

I like the melody of the virtual trumpet, but think about replacing it by a _real_ tenor sax -- it'll sound awesome! (not if I'd played it, though). Did you ever check out the Int DJ Gigolos label in Munich? They might be right along the line what u r doing.

do u really think that tenor sax would be better than trumpet?
cos I have 2friends who're playin trumpet in a jazz/bigband!

no I do like a trumpet for that part! I just think that the trumpet emulation you used sounds kinda "artifical". A real trumpet could sound great! (in case you prefer a sax I could lay down a track for you and send it to you :-)

The instrumentation was done well but as you said this wasnt finished so it really needs some more struture to it. Sounded like a cross between rammstein and Jim morison....Im not really into this style, but I did like the vocals and the melody with them...
Myx

hello, Groove:

Truth: that thiggie(the bright noise that's constantly played) kinda reminds me of club music a bit. But everything else is in a darker mood. Creates this weird mixed mood. Cool! Definitely bring the vocals up tho, I am sure we all want to hear them :)

Bitch: I like how it just kicks in like that. Kinda lo-fi sounding but sure a groovy one. Ah ha, I see what's missing now, a bass. I used to use my strat as a bass by lowering it an octave in computer. It actually turned out pretty cool. The guitar sound reminds me of this Boss distortion pedal that I have, which I would cut some highs and boost some lows on.

I will have to check out the rest of them later. Keep up the good work!
AL

Giganova - very cool, of course I'd like to try the sax!! :o)

Myx - you're certainly right; I think it needs a rising part/ref maybe

AL - "the truth" vocals are up now, hope not too loud; the "bitch" song is gonna be hard mixing work, cos I have to record all tracks again, and I'm afraid of loosing this cranky-distorted touch - I'll need lota mixin help then! Oh, by the way, you're partially right with the pedal, it's Boss GT6

cheers and a happy new creative year!

Back