what do you guys think?

Salabim, These guitars are pretty cool. I've tried a few different models in the Dano line(that baritone was pretty cool), but it really depends on what kind of sound you are looking for and what style of music you like to play. Also if you are a typical drummer (not saying you are, mind you) you might want to look into something a little sturdier than the dano's as they don't feel to me as if they would stand up to much pummeling (live, that is). But for recording use, just let your ears and fingers be your guide...If it sounds good, it IS good

effedupstrat, im in a ska / swing band (playing both guitar and drums) and im only 16, so ill try to cut back on the strenuous touring :D

Got it. I'm serious though. I'm not talking about touring, just gigging. I remember when I was sixteen (insert dreamy cutaway sequence here) My friends and I would jump around pretty heavy just in our rooms, I can't imagine how freaking mental I might have gone had I gotten up on a stage at that point. In my hands this guitar didn't really feel up to any kind of physical exertion. I'm not a large person (5'10", 135 lbs) but I could see mysely whacking this pup seriously outa tune in about 1/2 song and seriously outa intonation due to neck misalignment in the other half. Anyway, its been a while since I tried one and my faltering old guy memory might not serve me well. Get something fendery and you just about can't go wrong. Course those danos do look pretty cool and we all know its all about the girls... or is it the benjamins or something like that.

Peace, not the sixties kind of peace, just the inner kind...Namaste

Hey I got one of those U-2s when the reissues first came out......great sounding little guitars but I agree that they don't stay in tune very well and there is no adjusstment for intonation. But these are great guitars for first timers and for drummers.........Beatnick Purple and Commy Red are still hard colors to find....I found a Coral pink that was cool. They also have a snot green and brown-don't know why......If you like them then I would say go ahead and get one. They are fun guitars to have.

Well, it got one...and im pretty damn happy with it...they sound pretty cool and look unreal...

cheers
Tim

Back