What do you guys think of this?

PaddyGordon

Delta Mainline - Home to You (Rough) - YouTube

This is the mix

Screen Shot 2012-11-19 at 16.26.31.png

Vocals - Neumann KMS105 (Through Focusrite ISA One)
Guitar - Shure SM27 (Also DI'd)
Mandolin - DI through ISA One
Electric Guitars - Shure SM58s
Tom - SM58
Snare - SM57 (Not used in this track)
Overhead - Rode NT1a

Violin 1 - Lewitt LCT140
Violin 2 - Neumann TLM 102
Violin 3 - Shure Beta 58
Cello - sE X1R [Through LA610 Mk II, compressor Bypassed] (ended up picking up a shitload of other stuff so you can barely hear it in this mix)

Room Mics are 2x sE 2200a's in an X/Y Setup

Piano is via midi and is using the Braunchweig Upright Sample via EXS24 (from imperfect samples)

I like this kind of airy/ambient stuff...always goes well with great scenics, like in a movie.

The song is well done overall....though the only thing I have some issue with is the vocal.
Maybe that's the style you were going for, but it does drift/waver in/out of tune in a lot of spots.

That sounds very nice and full. A good mix to my ears anyway. Very nice song too.

That has to be the coolest jam/mixing/performance space ever. Looks like the interior of a 10th century church or something. Nice.

That has to be the coolest jam/mixing/performance space ever. Looks like the interior of a 10th century church or something. Nice.

Yeah it was in Edinburgh (In a community centre, believe it or not! Although it used to be a castle, the space we were recording in was the old Dining Room I'm lead to believe)

Back