What do you guys think about this bass for $125.00?

hiwatt357

So, I found this online yesterday locally for $150.00. Seller says it's MIJ, but he also says he thought it was only 5 years old or so. Was Squier still making stuff in Japan in 2000? The logo looks like an older Squier logo.

Seller also says that the replacement pickups (some sort of lipsticks) were in it when he bought it, but he also has the originals. Obviously the bridge cover and thumbrest were also added.

Talked to the seller today, and he said he'd let it go for $125.00.

I don't need another bass, but you know how it is...

If it's a MIJ Squier, these seem to be going for close to $200.00 according to closed auctions on ebay. Seems like a decent deal.

Any info or opinions? Who made lipstick pickups for Jazz Basses?

dude, why bother posting a picture that size and asking for comments. At that size it looks like any other fender bass, I couldn't tell if it was a 77' or a squier.

frankieballsss said:
dude, why bother posting a picture that size and asking for comments. At that size it looks like any other fender bass, I couldn't tell if it was a 77' or a squier.

Because they are the only pictures in the ad, and it's all I have.

Damn.

You should prob be asking the seller then, for a better picture. The only thing I can actually see on the bass is what appears to be a metal colored pickup (if my eyes aren't failing me) which is unorthodox for a fender bass.

frankieballsss said:
You should prob be asking the seller then, for a better picture. The only thing I can actually see on the bass is what appears to be a metal colored pickup (if my eyes aren't failing me) which is unorthodox for a fender bass.

I mentioned in the post that they were replacement pickups and that the seller had the originals.

I also mentioned that they were lipstick-type pickups and also asked if anyone knew of anyone who made such.

I'm well aware that it's been modded a bit.

But that's no reason to give me a negative rep point and call me and "idiot".

Back