What do you do when you're not recording?

bongoboy

a clown without a circus
Work? Hobbies? I build industrial automation to pay the mortgage and feed the cats. Fishing, cycling (no spandex), gardening and yard work in the warm months, cross country skiing and sleeping in the cold ones. You?

uGasbScb

Gettin' pretty good at Mad Libs.

My primary living is, Solution Manager for manufactures that want to design anywhere, build anywhere. It is called Product Lifecycle Management. It can start many ways, but usually the design goes into CAD modeling, those models go into other models, those get created into actual parts, they get either made or ordered, then information is sent to a manufacturing site and a product is born. Lot of stuff in between, CAD models, part sharing CAE (simulation data) costing information, etc.

My job is to put it all together, get the right people in place, make sure processes align, technology to support are in place, get the people who code it to understand the business objective and implement it. Piss a lot of people off in the process in many countries. (Nobody likes change)

My only other hobby I have is drinking. But I keep that down to only a couple of times a month. The day after drinking is just harder on me.

I have a tile/remodeling business. 23 years now. I would not be able to afford my toys without it. :)

I just adopted a little girl. Nothing else matters now....

Work, work, work ... just getting into photography, which gives music a run in terms of cost... I game a bit, still lost in the middle of Skyrim somewhere ... make award winning videos every now and then:laughings: ... give occasional guitar lessons... and I stalk and kill and eat people, although I never talk about that...:thumbs up:

Oh..:facepalm:

Thanks guys! She is my special little Denver Broncos fan! :D

Attachments

• Still 2nd half! small.jpg
    Still 2nd half! small.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 37
Congrats Jimmy and Mixsit. My younger sister is adopted from Korea. I am a college student which has been keeping me very busy. Unfortunately I have not been gigging due to this. Can't wait till winter break when I can jam and gig with my band! I most likely wont record until the summer.

Congratulations!

Getting headed into winter here and I'm off work probably until after the new year. Hoping to get some woodworking done in the next month or so. Have a recently-vacated bedroom that will make a nice little workspace for a while. Spent last week patching walls and painting.

Picking up some material this week for the first of my projects--- a couple of small custom tables.

Since my daughter was born in August, Ive still been able to squeeze out a few new tunes in between nappies and naps, mines, not hers :)

Congrats J..

I have a tile/remodeling business. 23 years now. I would not be able to afford my toys without it. :)

I just adopted a little girl. Nothing else matters now....

Congratulations mate! You have your priorities right!

Me? I'm retired but still bringing up a 9 year old afterthought and now our six year old grandson is staying with us as well. However, before retirement I ran the technical operations and engineering section of a TV News company in London (after some years doing location and post production sound).

Now my hobbies are photography and cooking...and sound recording.

Now that summer is over, I am starting up the queue of songs. I hope to get 10-12 done by March. Some I've had in works, hopefully a few will come about through, well, recording. Summer was good, but I have a lot of ideas and fresh perspectives (thanks to the board) to see if I can knock out a few more. My goal is to try and get three collections worth of songs before I creatively dry up. (Some may say I already have)

Back