What do you all think of the Roland Fantom synths

The Fantom still has some sample memory onboard without the expansion. 32MB if I remember correctly. Should be enough for a few minutes worth of workspace. And adding the DIMM later is just as easy as plugging it in. Goes into the same space as the SRX cards.

I'd right-click and save the pdf file first, then read if offline when it's done. Acrobat reader should be found at www.adobe.com/acrobat.

Thanks Super JX,
I have been reading all the keyboard and recording mags I can get hold of to try and get some idea where to go with my new recordings now that my remastering is done. If I opt to start with the Fantom can I add a PC to my work area and use some of these Software Synth/sound creators like Absynth and Atmopshere with the Fantom (I.e. can I create new sounds on the PC software and export it into the fantom via MIDI cable or some kind of disk?
I'm way behind speed on all this new technology stuff (anything after 96-97) and the mags almost help make me more confused since I keep finding myself wondering "can I use this too if I buy the Fantom"? Are synths all capable of working with these programs or do I need to buy a funny looking little "controller keyboard"?

Back