What do ya'll think about that new 'Kast?

leonardjamaar

I don't know.
It's a lil suspect in my opinion.
I like the love below better than speakerboxx, but both of them lack continuity, and out of the two discs, "the way you move" is the only one that sounds like a hit.
Now, I'ma Kast fan till the end (i can recite southernplayalistic almost completely, the album, not the song!), but am I wrong in thinking they've turned into the hip hop version of brian mcknight? You know, those artists who sound so much like themselves that you can't hear anything new even though they are master craftsmen!
Maybe I'm trippin. I only paid $11 at Target for it, so I can't complain, it's just I hoped for so much after Stankonia (Toilet Tisha, anyone?) but it seems like we're used to hearing the unexpected from them. Now that we expect it, it don't bump like they intended.

thoughts?

-L

my outkast fix

Ahh! a fresh new joint from the best rap group.

Y'all know outkast, when you ear a new album,
you can never say: OK It should sound like this....

The first post-stankonia song I heard was Speedballin' and i dont know if yall heard it but it really announced that they dont give a fuck bout the mainstream and they were gonna bring their flavor to the game.

Now bout Speakerboxx, the first cut (track 2) is dope.
Same for Unhappy which was for me like "Ah that's the Outkast I love" but after the way you move i thought that indeed, the album lacked a little continuity.

For The Love Below, i was ready for something Andre-esque to say the least. I think that's the reason i was more open-minded than i've ever been before i listened to it. But i liked it in a ok sort of way, not in a THAT'S THE SHIT! kind of way...

Back