What do i need?

If your just starting out and have no experience at all, then your in the same boat I was 5 years ago. I bought a cheap version of Sonic Foundry (now Sony) Acid Express from a magazine and just messed with the loops provided to understand the program. From there, I just kept upgrading the program when necesary and I bought a Casio keyboard from RadioShack. Eventually, once I tapped that out I got a Triton, but the radio shack keyboard served its purpose and you can get something like that cheap. I think Acid is extremely easy to use, altohugh maybe not as powerful as some other programs around, but I've heard somethings that people do in Acid that sounds better than most commercial releases.

I also suggest you seach this board for articles on EQ, Panning, Compression and so on. I think Blue Bear has a Mixing 101 article that was informative. And read read read.

Some people on here use FruityLoops, but I never got into that program. I'm sure you'll get some more responses, but this is just a suggestion.

-Springfield

i definetly agree about the cheap casio keyboard part...hell im still using one...i personally think fruity loops is the best program to start out with, just get that and either a soundcard (audiophile 2496) or a usb interface such as the us-122...thats what i started out with.

Back