What do I need to make Electronica?

StudioRecorder

I'm very interested in the Electronica genre and kind of like to get into creating some electronica music of my own. What do you guys think are the neccesary tools for creating electronica music?

I kind of want some pointers to what kind of synths and sound modules I need, but also effect such as filters and what not.

Greatly appretiate it!

If you've got a decent computer, look into a soundcard like the M-audio 2496 ($120 on newegg.com) and REASON by prollerheads (www.propellerheads.de). Reason is an all-inclusive electronic music production suite including synths, drum machines, samplers, filters, effects and a sequencer to record them with.

It's definately a good package to get you started and keep you busy for a while. Sounds great too.

Good luck!

trogdor said:
If you've got a decent computer, look into a soundcard like the M-audio 2496 ($120 on newegg.com) and REASON by prollerheads (www.propellerheads.de). Reason is an all-inclusive electronic music production suite including synths, drum machines, samplers, filters, effects and a sequencer to record them with.

It's definately a good package to get you started and keep you busy for a while. Sounds great too.

Good luck!

Thanks, you were the first person to take my question seriously.

Back