What do I need to do for the Mastering to sound right?

Dimetre

Some of the songs I recorded sounds different when I play it to other components but in my computer it sounds just right, what do I need for it to sound just right? I heard it was by mixing it right but I think that Sonar 3 Producer Edition has its own software or plugins for it maybe I just need the correct setting for it.

Your sound quality starts with the tracking phase, and continues thru the mixing phase.

If you don't get the sound right during tracking, then it's going to be wrong throughout the process.

You don't fix bad tracking with mixing, and you can't fix bad mixing by mastering.

From your limited description, it appears you didn't mix it well (but it could also be a poor mix as a consequence of bad tracking...!)

Only you can know, since we can't hear it!

Do I need to use sonar equalizers to mix it aside from my external mixer??

Do I need to use sonar equalizers to mix it aside from my external mixer. what plugins in sonar shall I use in mixing?

From the tone of your posts, it sounds like you're quite unfamiliar with what's involved in the mixing process.... one of my articles will give you some background --> Mixing 101

When Can I Have a bad tracking?

Thanks blue bear, Im sorry Im new with this, what do you mean by bad tracking?

tracking = recording.... as in when you record your individual tracks - drums, keys, gtrs, vocals, etc....

If you don't record it properly, then you can't mix it properly - and if you can't mix it properly, then you can't master it properly!

Back