What did I do this time #3

alanfc2

hi,
you may remember my classic threads "What did I do... #1 and #2 :rolleyes:
as the artist ALANFC

this is a new weird thing that happened I couldn't find an answer for. Its not serious and I have worked around it but I'm curious.

Does Sonar 3 not take kindly to renaming projects ?
I was doing alternate mixes of a project within the same folder and the new projects gave me the classic Sonar 3 problems that I read about but have never experienced. When going back to the original, it was now messed up too. Luckily I had the latest bundle of it on an external drive and loaded it in with its own name& folder. ..But I'm afraid to rename it.
Before I had given up, I had gone in and changed the names of all the wave files :eek: in this project to be its project name . It took a =long= time. And it didn't work. It just made Sonar tell me it "couldn't locate audio, replacing with silence" message.
So I'm just curious if anyone knows why this is..
Thanks
ALANFC

When Sonar comes up with the "Couldn't locate audio...." message, isn't there an option to tell it to search for the missing audio? Provided you haven't physically removed the .WAV files from the Audio Data directory, it should find them and you shouldn't have a problem.

I rename the things all the time - .CWP and .CWB... Seems fine...the only thing that doesn't work is the shortcut in the My Documents item or the FILE menu of Sonar (because it still points to the old file name...)

So, no. I don't know what you did to get that result...

Ciao,

Q.

Qwerty said:
When Sonar comes up with the "Couldn't locate audio...." message, isn't there an option to tell it to search for the missing audio? Provided you haven't physically removed the .WAV files from the Audio Data directory, it should find them and you shouldn't have a problem.

I rename the things all the time - .CWP and .CWB... Seems fine...the only thing that doesn't work is the shortcut in the My Documents item or the FILE menu of Sonar (because it still points to the old file name...)

So, no. I don't know what you did to get that result...

Ciao,

Q.

ahhh OK thanks
thre must be something in the original project thats causing this ! I've had this kind of thing happen where theres some clip on some random track that makes everything go haywire. I deleted the track or move it and then its all ok :confused: This time I thought it was re-naming sutff, but I guess not.

thanks

Back