What DAW records different takes into one track?

brand0nized

I've been learning Logic at my internship and I'm loving how it can record different takes within one track automatically. In my previous experience, I had to record a different take onto a different track if I wanted to comp them together.

Is there another DAW that does this?

Every one I've ever seen or used can - Cubase, ProTools, Sony ones (Acid and whatever that video editor's called that's basically Acid for the audio part), Reaper, Cakewalk flavors... They can all do that.

A better question might be "Which DAW were you using that couldn't do this?"

Every one I've ever seen or used can - Cubase, ProTools, Sony ones (Acid and whatever that video editor's called that's basically Acid for the audio part), Reaper, Cakewalk flavors... They can all do that.

I've been using SONAR. Maybe I haven't been using it to it's full potential.

The computer I'm using now only has Adobe Sound Booth. Does anyone know if this does that?

As far as I know Ableton Live can't do this.I use Reaper and multitake tracks work just the way they should.

I've been using SONAR. Maybe I haven't been using it to it's full potential.

SONAR definitely does this. Each track can have what they call track lanes, which are sub-tracks within the main track. You can set up to record a region that loops repeatedly while you record, then each lane holds one take. Once you know you have enough pieces to get a single good composite take, you slip-edit the clips in those lanes and do a Bounce to Clip to consolidate them into a single new Wave file. Then you can delete the extra lanes and keep just the one good composite lane.

--Ethan

SONAR definitely does this. Each track can have what they call track lanes, which are sub-tracks within the main track. You can set up to record a region that loops repeatedly while you record, then each lane holds one take. Once you know you have enough pieces to get a single good composite take, you slip-edit the clips in those lanes and do a Bounce to Clip to consolidate them into a single new Wave file. Then you can delete the extra lanes and keep just the one good composite lane.

--Ethan

Can I still change the comp after I bounce to clip? Or do the lanes stay there for editing?

Why does everyone yell when they're saying Sonar?

LOL Isn't that how it's spelled? If not, I apologize for screaming. I'll use my indoor voice next time :)

Back