What DAW do you use?

What DAW do you use ??

• Total voters
There is another option but it means introducing the "M" word!

With small mixer such as the Behringer Xenyx 802 the keys could go into lines 3/4 and panned hard left and right. Mic into chan 1 and panned centrally.

This this does not however leave many post tracking options.

Dave.

Depending on your level of knowledge coming in, all of them have a learning curve. If you can learn how to arm tracks, mute, adjust gain, and select inputs then that will be sufficient for getting basic recording done. They all do this with relative ease, and there's tons of tutorials online for industry standard apps like Pro Tools and Sonar (Cakewalk). You could do as one member suggested in the AI thread and get the Audiobox USB with the free DAW, which may be sufficient for what you're looking to accomplish. The paid apps come in different cost tiers/functionality, but I would suspect the lowest cost tier would be roughly equal to the free DAW's capabilities. It's only the more advanced packages that the differences in quality, capabilities, complexity, and computing performance would be realized.

That was me suggesting the AudioBox with the free DAW - but i'll tell you that Studio One is not a "low tier" DAW. Far from it. The Pro edition is $399 form the manufacturer. Can't blame a lesser known company for trying to get their DAW out there by bundling it with a decent interface. Also, the version that comes with it "free" is the stripped down Artist version, not the whole package. It is missing the mastering suite, some amp sim features, etc... but, it's a good place to start for those new to mixing. Most of the people here need an interface anyway. When enough is learned, you can upgrade for around $150, i believe.

I used to go PT 6,7,8,until incompatability with win 8. So now Im Reason only because of workflow. No more starting something in Reason import to PT for audio recording .Do it all in Reason 8 mixing too. I still use my M-Box as the interface and pre in with Win 10

I use pro tools because it's ability to edit audio so easily. I wish it had the functionality of ableton with the slick browser and midi tools.

I started with Pro-Tools but now use Studio 1 V3.1.1 Professional exclusively. It has everything I need to do multi tracking and live venue sound. I run it In conjunction with a 24.4.2 AI mixing board and my computer running capture.

It allows me to use third party plug-ins, and all of my plug-ins from PT and Sonar. I even managed to get a few of the plug-ins from fruity loops to work. It even has a free app for remote control of the DAW using a mobile device (both Apple and Android).

Comping with S1 is an absolute breeze. No other DAW can come close. The professional version even includes a Celemony's Melodyne pitch correction licence. This program is an absolute gem for vocalists, and producers who do a lot of vocal work.

Did I mention all updates are free unlike PT where updates are charged for.

I would definitely recommend Presonus Studio One V3.1.1 to anybody looking at getting a new DAW.

I wanna know how Audacity ended up on that list but Ableton and Nuendo got left off. Come on...Cubase is not Nuendo anymore than Logic is Garageband.

Did I mention all updates are free unlike PT where updates are charged for.

Protools updates are free within versions and charged between versions. The same as the vast majority of software suites out there including, it would seem, Studio 1.

That said, I bought Protools 9 for approx £80 and have free-upgraded myself all the way to v12, which is current, through PT (full version) academic pricing plan.

Samplitude MS 16.
Just got my Zoom R16 working as an 8 channel control surface/AI over the last couple of days. Started with a Tascam 4 track cassette along with Deluxe Music Studio on an Amiga.:rolleyes:

Back