what could be wrong whith my amp?

OstiaMan

Hi!
I have a crate blue voodoo 120, and a few weeks ago I notice that the amp wasnt working full power, and when I check two tubes dont work, I change the tubes and they still dont light up and cold as ice.
now,what could be wrong whith my amp?

Thanx!

Check for blown fuses. It's not a bad idea to go ahead and replace the fuses in case it's not obvious that the fuse is blown.

If it's not the fuse, then take it to the shop. The power supplies and capacitors in guitar amps can be extremely dangerous! If you're not comfortable working on them, then don't even open it up.

Same goes for microwave ovens.

Good luck.....

You can check them with a simple device from walmart. For $9.00 you can get a analog tester. Set it to test ohms (after pulling the fuse out) then apply both leads to one of each of the metal ends of the fuse. If the needle jumps, then you have a good fuse, if the needle stays still, then its blown. (you can test that the meter is working correctly by touching both leads together while in the ohm setting, and the needle should jump). This meter is also good for testing voltage, but make sure you have it set to AC voltage over 250V. It will show 110 if you have it.

i believe when i read my owners manual for my rivera knucklehead that it said that the fuse will blow if the tubes go out........it didn't say may, it said WILL.

i doubt that it is something that just happens to rivera amps...i'm betting it's all tube amps.

but it sounds like my advice is too late and this guy may have already fixed the problem.

Back