What chorus/delay effect do you use/prefer/recommend?

BBB

I'm running a Mesa/Boogie Quad and I need a rack mount effects processor that can be inserted in the effects loop. The primary effects I need are chorus and delay.

In particular, I'm looking for good effects for the price. I don't want the effects processor to color the dry signal. For example, I am currently using a SGX2000. Unfortnately, this effect changes my dry tone. I also have a RP100, which is excellent for the price. However, it is not rack mounted, it is not midi compatible, and its user interface is weak (whaddya expect for $100?).

Any suggestions for a good rack mounted programmable delay/chorus for a good price is highly appreciated.

-B

Check out the Boss SE 70....half-rack, killer....I'm not sure if it's still in production, but, the price is/was reasonable and it's very versatile, very quiet, and has plenty of parameters to tweak.

Thanks ToyL.

I'll see if I can find one to demo. Main thing I have to do is get the Boogie to the shop to demo all possibilities. Now I have a bit of a starting point.

Matt

you're welcome...I use a SE 50--sending the left to my 100w fender twin and the right to my 400w peavey butcher...seeing as how you asked about delay, these boss units are excellent choices...they allow you to set delays left, right, and center....so, for example if your song is at 100bpm, you simply plug in the formula--60,000/bpm=delay time in ms....which would look like this at 100bpm--left delay time=600ms, right delay time=200ms, and the center at 300ms...of course, there is no correct way to set your times left/right/center, but the formula keeps the timing in sync with the tempo...if you haven't used this formula, check it out...incredible delays....later......

I forgot something.....when using multiple delays, for whatever reason, if you divide the result of the of the above formula by two (for the second delay time) and by three (for the third delay time), you will keep your delayed signals in sync with the tempo, and they'll sound awesome...

Back