What Cable to use to wire studio?

moelar2

I ran a search on this forum, but for some reason it hasn't been functioning. I apologize if this topic has recently been covered.

That said, my studio has been framed and now I need to start wiring. Any particular brand recommended? I like mogami, but since I'm in Orange County (CA), apparantly I have to go all the way out to Burbank (LA) to get it. That's kinda hard given my schedule. I could always order it, but I'd like to have it tomorrow and shipping charges are 2x the cost of cable.

A local electronic store (MarVac) carries belden. Its seems expensive though because they are charging me .97/ft; marketec charges .60/ft on that same cable.

Also, I saw that some cables are "4 conductor" while others are "2 conductor"; what's the difference??

I intend on using the cable for my xlr panels and will use the rest to make descen xlr cables...

suggestions???

For XLR panels, I'd use snake cable. Unless it's just 2 per box. Then you could even use a single 4 conductor strand :eek: although I probably just angered the cable police with that advice :o ;)

2 conductor usually means it's a single pair, 4 conductor is two pair... and so on. But normally it's referred to by the number of pairs in audio cable. Like my snake wiring was 16 pair.

Back