What cable between POD & recorder?

Unsprung

I have both a Guitar POD 2.0, and a Bass POD, and will be using them for DI recording to my Fostex MR-8mkII. Is there a certain cable I should use between them? Would a typical guitar/bass cable work? My output choices from the PODs are MIDI and 1/4", with 1/4" unbalanced input to the MR-8.

I'm not sure, yet, how much of my work will be done with the MR-8 alone, as I'm also planning to use one of my PC's in the process of recording/tweaking, etc. I may also buy a Lexicon Omega Studio, sometime in the near future. It may be a bit redundant, with the Fostex and whatever PC software I use, but I'll be doing whatever it takes to achieve the best mixes possible, which could mean using some combinations of my hardware and software.

Matt

What he/she said...a guitar cable will work just fine. The midi doesn't send audio. The midi in/out of the POD unit is for controlling the various settings within the POD unit by using a computer or other external controller. You could have a programmable footswitch to switch the POD from a clean sound to a dirty/distorted sound.

Thanks a bunch! I'll have to wait until next week (Monday or Tuesday), but I'll be in business as soon as I go buy another instrument cable!

Matt

Back