What brand of guitar...

harphunt

does the guy in the Wiggles play. He used to have a tele, but now plays something different. I know... it is sad that I'm looking to children's shows for ideas, but it's the age.

Thanks

Ahh yes, the Wiggles!

Murray and the rest of the Wiggles switched to Australian-made Maton guitars.

Murray plays a Maton Mastersound 500.

George Harrison also played a Maton in recent years before he died.

Here ya go, mate! (... and no, I'm not an Aussie) :D:D

http://www.maton.com.au/index.php

Maton's are my favorite kind of guitars, even more than Martins and I love how (most) Martins sound.

Tommy Emmanuel is the one who turned me on to Maton's.

ive got to say Cole Clarks take the cake. Ive got a fat lady and I am in love. Maton and Cole Clark are both Australian and stem from the same family though. I picked up the Cole clark and said "G'day mayte!".. Had to buy it.

Slow,

The guys making Cole Clarks apparently worked at Maton prior to starting out by themselves. Unfortunately, in doing so they, let's say "stole" ideas, techniques and even design characteristics that had been developed at Maton over 50 years of manufacturing, so far I haven't seen CC come out with a really original concept of their own, their electrics are copies (eg: Tele), their acoustic headstock is a direct copy of Bill May's (Maton's founder) archtop h/stocks, etc., etc. and if you talk to people "in the know" there's some doubt as to the quality of their timbers.

Enjoy your Cole Clark mate, they'll never get a cent from me.

:cool:

Back