what brand of guitar/bass do you use?

Which brand of guitar or bass to you prefer?

• Gibson

Votes: 48 15.3%
  • Fender

Votes: 94 29.9%
  • ESP

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Ibanez

Votes: 33 10.5%
  • Jackson

Votes: 6 1.9%
  • Rickenbacher

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Washburn

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • Oscar Shmidt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 103 32.8%

• Total voters
Fender

I'll have to go with Fender cause I only have the strat... but I am hoping to find an old Dan-electro or Silvertone with that sweet single pick-up sound.

My favorite bass that I have is my Ernieball Stingray but I recently bought a cheaper Ibanez 6-string and Wow!!! that this is pretty sweet, Not as good as the ernieball but still....

I am not much of a guitar player but I love my Fender 50's reissue Strat.

Bruno and Epi semi acoustic electrics.
NO solid electrics.
Vantage & Coronet basses
Fender & 333 acoustics
Dolphin cello.
Yeah, I suppose I need another cello to round out the pairs option.

Just got a rather nice Aria Pro II bass for peanuts on Ebay, other than that I play a J&D with thru-neck and EMG pickups.

Guitarwise, Westone and Aria japanese things, heavily customised Squier Strat and a really cool no-name Tele ripoff.

I've got a BCRich Warlock bronze guitar (crap) from thomann, A Fernandez jazz bass (I play most) :D , a Peavey ntb-5 bass (adequate), a Takamine acoustic bass (playable), and a precision bass from a local guitarbuilder which I intend to sacrifice to gods by burning it once I get to countryside (HELLcrap).
I had a Heritage Les Paul, which I traded for Bassgear, and cry myself to sleep at nights cursing the stupidity and loss. :mad:

DeadUnion said:
I also have a schecter s-1 elite in gray mist on layaway as well. ooooohhhhhhh can't wait, one of the nicest playing guitars I ever played for sure.........

You got it man! What a freaking excellent little axe. I have the exact same one and it's simply smokin!

Also have a Ibanez EDB400 ErgoDyne? Great sound, fast neck.

hard
57' Les Paul Special with "C. Orr" PU -easiest to cruize on
90' Strat up'd with "Noiseless" PU - hottest cleanest sound ever
Yamaha RAX5 bass with "EMG" PU -just up'd it, still learning tones

soft
Martin DCME, -pizzo'ed - cool
Takamine EC-132 C, -pizzo'ed - smooth, full hz
Mandolin by dogwood -junky pick-up. --learning-hard to do

trashpile
pitched my Alverez, donated an Ovation, trashed a Fresher bass.
traded my Rickenbacker-6 for rent, lost a Melodymaker. :eek:

i liked gibsons for a long time and after years and years of hating fender, i picked up a tele and now i love telecasters. still hate fenders tho, i just can't even look at them without having some puke come up.

anyway. i like gibson les pauls (i have 1) and fender teles (have 2 of these!)
i have a owned a bunch of guitars and i dont know.. i haven't really been as satisfied with anything else i played. still haven't played a rickenbacker, would like to check one of those out....

Back