What bass sound module to recommand

Kante

I looking for a good bass rack sound module. Ilike deep rich bass sounds as in R&B, House, HIP-Hop, and dance . I came across a number of bass modules such as the Peavey Spectrum bass, Alessis Nano bass, and the Novation Super Bass station rack.

Has anyone heard any of these sound modules, and which one could you recommand that I could use to get the deep rich bass lines that I want for the tracks I want to lay .

I tried the Peavey and the Alesis (don't know about the Novation). I ended up buying a Roland MBD-1 (Midi Bass & Drums). It is a module, but it also came as a sound card for one of the Roland Keyboards (don't remember which one).

I thought the Roland had more "real bass sounds" with more touch control (to get bright sounds - ie: pops/slaps, when you hit hard and warm sounds when you hit soft. The Roland also has plenty of phat analog type sounds. Plus, it has some good drum sounds.

The Peavey and Alesis had plenty of analog sounds , but were lacking in "real" Fender & accustic type sounds.

I don't think they still make the MBD-1, but I'm sure there are used units around - it must be about 4 years old.

Instead of the Bass Station, novation just came out with its A-Station. Basically the same, except I believe it has multitimbrality and a vocoder.

Thanks to all of you for the input. I now have a clearer picture of which direction I can take.

hehe.. true dat.. moog is phatt as hell.. but a little outdated cause it's so unstable

Hasn't bob moog just released a new version of the minimoog, with midi control and a touch pad 'n all that??

Sorry, I'm no keyboard guru, but i'm sure I read something in sound on sound.

Rochey

Back