What are your favourite strings??

Zona Mona said:
Has anyone ever tried a generic string? Like Musicians Friend Brand for example? They are $2 a set and I am wondering what they'd be like?
I've used the guitar research's that they carry at Sam Ash ($5 for 10 sets when they're on sale!). Obviously they're not great, but they're good for very temporary strings, like if you need to replace a quick string and don't feel like breaking out a new pack of good ones or if you're selling a guitar and don't want to drop the cash. Unfortunately, they only make them in 9's and 10's, and half the time the 10's are sold out, and 9's are way too thin for me (10's are just bareable). They don't stay bring long, and they break pretty quick, but still, for .50 a pack, it's always good to have an extra pack or two handy.

Ernie Balls I thought were cool, for the first 15 minutes, then I gradually realized how much I just got screwed out of 8 bucks.
$8 a pack for Ernie Balls? You're shopping at the wrong place my friend. Even Sam Ash sells 'em for $4 a pack, and a lotta times you can find them at other places at $3 or less. Ernies are great for their price, but if I had to pay $8 a pack I'd just go ahead and drop the extra 4 for some Elixirs.

Back