what are the best pair of monitors under $700

Yamaha NS-10 boxes with a new faceplate and Jensen 6X9 musclecar speakers in them of course!

Attachments

• DSC00006.jpg
    DSC00006.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 130
Based on my most recent purchase of the Blue Sky ProDesk 2.1, I'd say go with the Blue Sky Mediadesk. They have a 2.1 and a 5.1 system, and I'm pretty sure the 2.1 is $500 or $600.

Sam Ash stores stock them, so I'd suggest you get on over to one and try them out. At first glance I thought they looked interesting, and the integration of the subwoofer into the system was unique (since it's 2.1 it's meant to be used with a sub at all times.) Now, when I actually heard them, I was blown away. It'll make a world of a difference in your music, and you'll never want to go to anything less.

alevy said:
are those yamaha's better then the 20/20s?

Im one of the minority who will gladly mix on NS-10's all day long, and smile about it...

But to make the rappers happy, those Mackie HR-824's underneath the NS-10's go on

i have a pretty smalll setup but the monitors i have are some krk rokit 5. i dont really hear everything maybe i should crank them up louder or something i dont know but i cant tell anything really until i burn a c.d. and play it in my car...so its senseless to have those monitors if i still use my car speakers. plus thats a lot of c.d.s

alevy said:
are those yamaha's better then the 20/20s?

I am an Event 20/20 fan of many years. These biamped speakers speak well to my ears. As for all speakers, just place them correctly if you are going to turn em up.

Tobias

Back