What are some software for mixing vocals?

AaronGeorge

Hello,

Can someone suggest some professional mixing software where I can mix vocals, like Adobe Audition? I currently use Adobe but I'm looking for something else.

Thanks

well if you want a free one, try audacity. You can download patches that make audacity compatible with RTAS plug ins.

if you are looking to buy something, then i would suggest pro tools

Do some googling for DAW's (digital audio workstations). There are a whole lot to choose from and they range from free to $!!!!!!

Don't get too hung up on what software you use though. It is only a tool and practice and talent will make you sound good through any of them.

Also check out the KVR website. They have links to pretty much everything and reviews forums etc.

I use Sequoia, but it's €2,500 +VAT. Samplitude is its baby brother and that starts for only about €50 for the LE version.

You can get the FREE TRIAL version HERE.

An excellent package whatever version you get - and there are special cross-grade prices if you are moving from another editing software package. :D

I currently use Adobe but I'm looking for something else.

I think the best way to decide which software is best for you would be to identify what you don't like about ADOBE. There's obviously a reason you want to change, so identify what doesn't seem to work for you about ADOBE.

If you're looking for a DAW that sounds better than another DAW, don't waste your time. They're just tools that allow you to record and edit your music. Something recorded on Protools is not going to sound any better than something recorded on REAPER.

if you are looking to buy something, then i would suggest pro tools
The problem is, Pro Tools software cannot be bought.

Aaron, Rami is absolutely right, in order for anyone to make any actually meaningful suggestions to you, the question is what is it about Audition that you don't like?

G.

Back