What are some alternatives to the M-Audio MobilePre USB?

i bought the mobile pre and thought it was horrible for what i wanted to do..so i returned it and for $50 dollars more...i got the tascam us-122....well worth the extra 50 bucks!

M.C.Abrams said:
Hmm, what was it that you were using it for? That is, what was the mobile pre usb not good for?

i used it for direct guitars...just noisy as hell...none of my other gear has a hum nor my guitars arent grounded bad...but for some reason..when i used the 1/4" inputs on that POS (thats just my opinion now) it was god awful!..i even hooked up a mic to it using a xlr to 1/4" cable...the second i touched the mic....a hum from hell would appear..same for guitars...touch the strings and the noise from hell would appear.
I swapped out cables-guitars ect...you name it..i did it..still couldnt get rid of that damn loud hum.The XLR inputs was fine..no complaints there.
I ended up returning it and got another one...figuring it was defective..nope...same thing happened.So i just went a step up to the us-122 and havent had any problems with hum ect...

i am happy with the mobile pre for use with xlr mic on vocals.

I dont know that there is anything that much cheaper, since I only paid like 130 for it. I was thinking I am quite low end at that price anyways.

FW

Back