What about this???

lavoz

Has this ever happened to you... you record a wave file...do your thing, then go to save it. Then later, you go to open it up, and presto...it sounds like, well you know, it sounds like $#%^!!! I have used CEP for more than two years, and I have never seen this problem before. Now granted, I have a new card (Delta 1010) and a new Mobo and chip/chipset (K7S5A , AMD 1.33, sis735) I've gone through the system several times and everything looks right, but still, I can save a file, open it up later, fine...open it up the next day, and bingo...there it goes again...distortion city...man it is ugly! Any thoughts???

lavoz

check the format you are saving AS... try clicking "save as" and ensuring its is right.. your defaults may have gotten screwed...

xoxo

Make sure its not clipping your card. The Pro cards dont use the handy windows mixer so sometimes its hard to get the volume set right.

I've had this happend from time to time aswell, I'll open a file and it sounds like crap, close CEP and when I reopen the file its fine again. Some little glitch there somewhere.

Yeah...what I've done is to go back to recording at 44.1 w/32 float and save that way also...seems to be working. Then again, I've said that before and then all hell breaks lose!

lavoz

Back