What about a *tele-projekt* ?

fadedstar

Hey...!

I spent some time to listen to what people here have to share and i can't say how I appreciate hearing new stuff made with limitated equipment of that good old home-studio. I even burned a CD for my personal use filled with songs I loved in this mixing clinic that my girlfriend is definitely pissed to hear day after day but i guess it's not the point of my topic :)

I just had an idea for a new project. Basically, i'm involved with electronic music and I have some equipment at home like a midi keyboard, a delta soundcard and some mics... I won't say i'm an incredibly genious musician so far since i'm still in the *experimentating* phase of this amazing hobby but anyways.

What I was thinking of is to find someone who is willing to start a project for a song or two. I'm not a guitarist, vocalist or anything. Like I said, I'm more with the keyboard and everything related to electronic software music. I thought it would be nice to find someone who is ready to work with me where 2 differents musical genre (or not) can be mixed together.

The simplest example I have in mind would be for instance, a solo guitarist/vocalist sending me a track of his work so I can *integrate* an electronic touch in it. This is just an example of what can be done. I'm just looking to work on a small project where 2 or more musicians can create something unique, definetely not possible by ourself only.

Does any of you think this could be interesting? I hope I'll get some positive answers! :)

thanks for reading me!

-david

There's actually a small collaboration movement growing here. I seem to be involved in a bunch of them....something that I'm grateful for 'cause it's fun!!!. We've figured out ways to insert multiple tracks into someone elses' multitrack regardless of platform. For a good post on how we do this go to Crawdad/ Lt. Bob collaborate. Although the song isn't up anymore....crawdad has a great post somewhere in that thread that explains in detail how we did it and if you get curious about the song....it's on my site so PM me and I'll turn you on to it.
Nice to have another collaborator around!

Speaking of which, me and firebird should have a couple for you here a few days...Sorry for the delay, things been kind of hectic lately...

No prob man.....I've been running like a madman here lately. Should slow down once this new band is up and running.

heh...also speaking of which....I'm almost done with my other song Steve. So if I get back from fishing early enough tomorrow (and before I go jam with a potential new band...spare time- where? :eek: ) I'll get that scratch acoustic/ vocal down for ya. Could be a fun little tune...

Oh and welcome to the board Fadedstar!

Welcome fadedstar!

That sounds like a great idea!
Why don't you record something and post it.
I'm interested to hear what your keyboard sound is!

If you need a place to post,here's the best.
And it's free too!:D-

http://www.nowhereradio.com/

Best to you,
Pete

Back