What´s needed to be a Vic Firth endorser?

TamaSabian said:
Do you have any idea??. What do they evaluate??.

Thanks
TS

They generally bring you into their coprorate office and hook you up to the "badass-beat-o-meter".

Meter says you're badass.......you're in.

Meter says you suck......they give you a job in a whitesnake cover band. WITHOUT flame retardant costumes.

How to become an endorser of just about anything.... there is only one rule. The company in question has to think your endorsement will cause them to sell more of their product due to your endorsement... well above the cost of the stuff they give you.

I think the general rule is if you have to ask how to become one then you probably aren't ready to be one.

I agree, I think I´m not ready but what the hell....I´ll send my "promo-pack" to this guy, Soccoli.

Thanks

bubbagump was correct but perhaps did not elaborate enough.

In most endorsement deals - it is really a matter of how visable you are, meaning how many gigs do you play, how high profile are the gigs, etc. etc.

The rule of thumb use to be you needed to be gigging about 200 shows a year, to qualify for an endorsement deal. Also, keep in mind there are different levels of endorsement deals. Only the top a list players get a full endorsement (totally free gear, ads in the mags, etc).

For most guys playing large clubs, festivals, etc. a realistic expectation is some % discount off purchases - often not really something that will make or break the bank.

At one time I had a low level endorsement with Sabian (I was gigging a lot at the time). When I cut back on gigging (the grind got to be too much) I got a job in a drum shop - candidly, my discount from working at the drum shop was actually better than the discount I got through my Sabian endorsement.

You can also be a teacher and get an endorsement. Thats probably the easiest way, but you will probably have to do clinics. The guy that teaches at my store does about one clinic a month at a church, thats it, and he is endorsed by Vic Firth.

Seems like if it was easy then everyone would be doing it...

I geuss you have nothing to lose by trying though!!

Last edited:
mikeh said:
bubbagump was correct but perhaps did not elaborate enough.

In most endorsement deals - it is really a matter of how visable you are, meaning how many gigs do you play, how high profile are the gigs, etc. etc.

The rule of thumb use to be you needed to be gigging about 200 shows a year, to qualify for an endorsement deal. Also, keep in mind there are different levels of endorsement deals. Only the top a list players get a full endorsement (totally free gear, ads in the mags, etc).

For most guys playing large clubs, festivals, etc. a realistic expectation is some % discount off purchases - often not really something that will make or break the bank.

At one time I had a low level endorsement with Sabian (I was gigging a lot at the time). When I cut back on gigging (the grind got to be too much) I got a job in a drum shop - candidly, my discount from working at the drum shop was actually better than the discount I got through my Sabian endorsement.

The band where I play have a CD and a video. Another band where I´m in (doing Macca´s music) have performed on a cable tv show. I have a project studio and I have work with some local bands playing drums for them in some cases. Talking about shows and gigs 200 a year, I´m not close to that number, not in my dreams. The music scene here is so small.
I´ll try it any way. I thank you all

TS

Back