what´s a Teac DX 8 dbx noise reduction System for?

My Fostex has built-in dolby but I always thought dbx is better - would it be worth it to spend a few bucks on that one? how far would you gize go?

OK this place is a goldmine (knew that already ;)) ... awful lot of info to be gotten!! Last question about this item, how much would you offer for it? More like 10, more like 100, or even more? Just for a rough idea ...

The DX-8 was introduced with the 80-8...8-channel bi-directional dbx Type I noise reduction. Requires control signal from the 80-8 though this (like with the DX-2D/4D) can be defeated so that it works with any system.

Yes I found that out in the earlier threads (hence my "goldmine" allusion). Question is, what would someone like you guys who know and have tried all this be willing to spend for such a unit, given that I already have the dolby NR built-in to my Fostex M80? Is it worth it at all?

I have a Fostex 16 track with Dolby C. After 1 or 2 sessions with it, I turned the Dolby off and added 16 channels of dbx I via 3 TASCAM dx4D's modded to work as stand-alones & a pair of dbx 157's. It made a big improvement in the sound and made my system compatible with both Fostex and Tascam 1/2" 16 tracks.

I´ll try to get it then. Maybe bid 50 Euros and see what happens. It is a bit of GAS because I´m not unhappy at all with the sound that I am getting now. You´re all above that of course ;) but it looks so cute and has wooden sides and everything so it´s hard to resist.

The DX-8 was introduced with the 80-8...8-channel bi-directional dbx Type I noise reduction. Requires control signal from the 80-8 though this (like with the DX-2D/4D) can be defeated so that it works with any system.

I had begun to ask about bypassing the control signal on a DX-8 cause I thought mine(which I just made a control cable for) wasn't working right but...NEVERMIND! It works perfectly! Having never actually had my hands on one of these before I didn't realize I had to switch to sync or repro for the switching to engage the way I expected it to! I had it in input the whole time which of course is going to keep it in encode. Ya live, ya learn.

Last edited:
Back