wharfedale vs. yorkville

gitrokr

i was going to get a pair of the powered yorkvilles but then ive being hearing about these wharfedale 8.2 powered monitors. i want a good set of monitors for tracking and mixing/mastering for max $500. i have it narrowed down to these two after quite a bit of research, but im reluctant thinking that because they are 6.5 woofers instead of 8 they wont suit me for heavier rock. any thoughts and comments you guys have would be great. thanks alot.

Yorkville makes great stuff. I mixed my first CD with ysm 1's. They also come in at a great price point. I haven't heard the powered monitors though.

yorkville offers a fantastic warranty. take that into consideration.

I don't know about the wharfedale warranty, but the yorkie deal is tough to beat.

Not sure about the yorkvilles, but Norma Jean and Refused sound incredible on my Wharfedales... You can always add a sub like the KRK to your wharfedales to make them even bassier. I'm not sure its necessary.

JKestle said:
yorkville offers a fantastic warranty. take that into consideration.

I don't know about the wharfedale warranty, but the yorkie deal is tough to beat.

The Wharfedales have a full 5 year warranty

deepwater

what are you thoughts on the bass with the wharfedales? have you had any experience with the yorkvilles?

thanks alot

if you look through the other threads on wharfedales some have mentioned that they added or would like to add a sub to their wharf's.

Back