Wharfedale 8.2 PROBLEM!!!!

P Stew

arright i just got a new set off Wharfedale 8.2 Active Monitors

they came with 2 power cables...but i need to plug them into my Emu 1820

what cables should i get?

One of the goofy things about the 1820 is it's speaker outs are all 1/8" mini plugs, as if it's assuming you're going to be using it with computer desktop speakers only. So you're going to need to go from 1/4" TRS balanced on the Wharfes to 1/8" mini unbalanced on the E-MU. Get a quality (for each channel) a 1/4" TRS male to 1/4" TRS male cable, and hit your local Radio Shack for the most efficient adapetr or adapter combo to translate 3-conductor 1/4" down to 2-conductor mini plugs.

G.

I have my active monitors plugged into 4L and 4R on the back of the dock.

1/4"(EMU 1820) to XLR(speaker)

Always have had it this way.
I also use the Patchmix Default which setup the software routing.

I don't know, its just a standard XLR with the 3-ring 1/4" plug. TRS I think some call it.

You probably have standard Nuetriks on the monitors, so you could just do with speaker cable, with 1/4"plugs? I don't think you have to have 3 wire...either.

There is something to do with the low and higher impedance of cables, so get speaker cables not guitar cables, is my understanding.

on the mixer on the lower right, there's a mute (which I use all the time between my headphones and monitors).

then the Main output sliders you can figure out pretty much by just messing about.

enjoy...

Back