Western Indie song

Hi

The problem I see in your recording (a nice and well played song), is a boominess in the bass region (around 100hz, wide "Q").At 08 seconds is a typical example of what happens in the rest of song:an undefined bass guitar and a "bassy" ac guitar (plus the "fat" kick)sounds together in a "mass" of undefined bass frequencies.

A new mix , cutting "carefully" this bass issues of each intrument will help.

*after fixing the bass, a little boost in the 600hz/2 k can be "welcome" too...

Ciro
www.soundclick.com/openstation

Last edited:
Hi again!

Sorry for the delay, too late in Brazil (02:37 now)

I listened the second version, ok, louder some dbs, but the only (subttle) diference seems maybe the guitar (ac) a little cleaner (altough my ears are a little tired and I´m not so sure :D)

I was listening the Steely Dan's Aja before listened your song first time.Aja is a recording with very well defined mid frequencies, then I was with the "mid thing" in the ear.

You song has potential, I really love the vocal performance.Small boosts on low mid/mid frequencies and vox and bass drum (for example) comes with much more definition.

You can try some separated eq on bass guitar (frequencies above 200 hz). Seems to me than the "meat" of bass isn´t there yet.

Remembering, is MY OPINION, certainly other friends with new ears will give some good advices too.

Good luck!!!

Ciro

Bass guitar.
When I talked about boosts on low mid and mid frequencies helping the whole mix, it seems doesn´t affect (in a good way) the bass GTR.

Ciro

Now you have the improvement in the ac guitar, better than before.
Bass drum is ok too.

You reduced the bass guitar volume, but it still without definition.
I´m "hunting" the bass in the mix with all eq possibilities (I´m trying with your first mix), but I´m not finding the tone of instrument.
What kind of instrument is?
Did you tried small gains in different frequencies (for ex, 200/400/800 ,...)?

If don´t works, as you already tried the cuts,I´ll consider re-recording.

Listening the song with fresh ears today and the 3º version... despite the "bass guitar thing",sounds well balanced.

Ciro

Back